A lot of people have this idea that A WordPress +WooCommerce Combo is the root of all evil. But don’t let the idea of a shop on self-hosted ( Meaning WordPress is installed to a domain ) is a bad thing. Because if your starting out and you want a shop and a blog this is a good combo! Plus it easier on your bank account. If you follow my tips you will be sporting an awesome little shop just like the awesome chick over at Missevilkitty.com. This can and will work for anything you sell, may that be Jewellery, Tea, planners, anything that needs an online shop. Ill be-be using Missevilkitty.com as an example threw out this post !! ( Thank you Mek )
If you want to see the debate on a Square-space VS WordPress write up I did you can check it out here!
FYI AFFILIATE LINKS MIGHT SHOW UP !! In this post
1. Upload all your product photo at once. (which makes adding new stuff to your shop easier ).
2. You can use widgets to add codes ( for your mad mini or mail chimp pop up newsletters ).
3. You can tweak WOO to do what you want or look like.
4. Tons of WordPress themes that are built to work with WOO.
5. You can have signup and login for new clients and even a cute little shopping cart ( see screenshot ) That’s a menu and a small plugin.
6. There’s paid and free plugins pretty much for everything for woo BUT be smart about it. You can have a pretty basic site and still have a professional looking site.
7.No extra steps to adding pages.
8. Being able to have your shop and blog in one place.
It’s budget-friendly and easy !! This works for anyone wanting to stay on WordPress. If you have more than 1000+ items I wouldn’t recommend it. The heavier WordPress is the slower the site becomes. But if you have under say 500 items you should be OK. YOU can always upgrade your hosting for your site to fit your needs. Currently, according to Missevilkitty the site/shop is under 120 items for the shop.
I hope it helped you decide if WordPress is the right choice for you and your creative business.
Wanting to have your own combo? Click the link below and see what I offer.
Thank you for checking out this post.