A lot of people have this idea that A WordPress +WooCommerce Combo is the root of all evil. But don’t let the idea of a shop on self-hosted ( Meaning WordPress is installed to a domain ) is a bad thing . Because if your starting out and you want a shop and a blog this is a good combo ! Plus it easier on your bank account . If you follow my tips you will be sporting an awesome little shop just like the awesome chick over at Missevilkitty.com . This can and will work for anything you sell , may that be Jewellery , Tea , planners , anything that needs an online shop ! Ill be using Missevilkitty.com as a example threw out this post !! ( Thank you Mek )
If you want to see the debate on a Square-space VS WordPress write up I did you can check it out here !
FYI AFFILIATE LINKS MIGHT SHOW UP !! In this post
1. Upload all your product photo at once ! (which makes adding new stuff to your shop easier )
2. You can use widgets to add codes ( for your mad mini or mail chimp pop up newsletters )
3. You can tweak WOO to do what you want or look like .
4. Tons of WordPress themes that are built to work with WOO like 316 ‘S
5. You can have a sign up and log in for new clients and even a cute little shopping cart ( see screen shot ) That’s a menu and a small plug in !!
6. There’s paid and free plug ins pretty much for everything for woo BUT be smart about it . You can have a pretty basic site and still have a professional looking site .
7.No extra steps to adding pages
8. Being able to have your shop and blog in one place !
Its budget friendly and easy !! This works for anyone wanting to stay on WordPress . If you have more than 1000+ items I wouldn’t Recommend it . The heavier WordPress is the slower the site becomes . But if you have under say 500 items you should be OK . YOU can always upgrade your hosting for your site to fit your needs . Currently according to Missevilkitty the site/shop is under 120 items for the shop .
Wanting to have your own combo ? Click the link below and see what I offer .
Thank you for checking out this post .
I hope it helped you decide if WordPress is the right choice for you and your creative business .